Blue Water Country is approximately 120 kms northeast of Winnipeg. This area is easily accessible with modern Highways, #59, #11 and #12, also Provincial Road #304.
The La Vérendrye Trail, a regional road and waterway heritage route, begins at the historic fork of the Assiniboine and Red Rivers and follows closely the waterways of the Fur Trade to the Manitoba-Ontario border, ie: The Winnipeg River.
- AIR- Blue Water Aviation (Silver Pine Air) was established in 1960. The average flight for fly in fishing is approximately 200 - 300 kms. On average, there are 1000 flights during the active summer season. The runway turf, which is open to the public, is 2800 ft. long with room for expansion up to 4500 ft. It is plowed in the winter for ski planes.
- BUS- Grey Goose Bus, freight and passenger has daily runs except Saturday.
- GARDEWINE TRUCKING- General freight - Local agent services the areas from Great Falls to Fort Alexander.
- PUROLATOR COURIER- Daily to and from Winnipeg.
- RAILWAYS- CEMR Railway
- RECYCLING - Trucks from Swan River, and OJIBWAY Trucking